Here on vacation I thought, what a great time to read some theology blogs out there. My writing life focuses totally on what God says; let’s see what man is talking about?
Mis-take! What a colossal disappointment.
But how do you know when you are reading junk theology?
First, does it match the written word, i.e. the Bible.
Not what people say is in the Bible but what the Bible itself says. There are dozens of good, accurate translations of the Bible out there. And there are plenty of phonies as well.
Here are some examples of stuff the Bible does not say.
Sex outside of marriage is OK. 👎
- You can choose your gender. 👎 Sorry. DNA tells you who you are.
- Your can murder people and it is OK. 👎 That includes abortion or killing a baby outside the womb. It includes old people that you think are a drag on the community..👎
- You can tell lies and get away with it. 👎 Sorry God says hekl was for “all” liars.
- Incest is fine. 👎 I read this on the Internet.
- Slander and libel have no consequences. 👎 Journalist beware.
- The Old Testament law is not longer required. 👎 The food laws do not apply now but yes to the rest.
- You can go to heaven if you are good enough. 👎 The church that tells you that just wants to you stay, pray, and pay.
- The devil (Satan) is saved at the end of time. 👎 He wishes!!!
- Everybody goes to heaven.👎 God loves everybody but he does not accept everybody.
Get your own copy of the Bible or download a free one from the internet and read it yourself. The problem is that there are 32,000+ verses and relevant ones are scattered throughout. Even reading the Bible through five times will not give you every option you need to learn the mind of God. Yes, that is discouraging but still not impossible.