- It’s War – Spiritual War
- The Difference between the Church and the Kingdom
- What Does God Call You?
- Bring Back Teaching Aesop’s Fables
- When you lose the young people
- The meaning of the word “create” as in ‘God Created’
- When Your Life is on the Line
- Climate Change – It’s all about Hot as Hell
- Former Pope Speaks Truth
- Mother’s Day – the True Facts
- Conspiracy Theories and the Christian as Warrior
- All crimes are against people
- One Way to Beat Depression
- Do I need to be Baptized in Water to be Saved?
- What Happens when We First Learn of Sin – Blame
- Unforgiveness and Sickness
- Peter and Jesus – a Pattern for Reconciliation
- The Difference between Ethics and Morals
- Integrity – Defined
- Truth is Never Personal – Truth is Always Personal
- Worship Defined – Not What You Think
- Presumption – The Great Transgression
- How to Make People Laugh without Cursing
- Why Michal had no more Children, and Today’s Church
- Assumptions, Lies, False Expectations & Stereotypes about God
- A Visit to a Church under a Curse
- Who Reads Our Posts?
- The Difference: Atheist, Anti-theist, Agnostic, AntiChrist
- Preparing the Body for Burial as a Memorial
- Symbolism of Women in Dreams – Part 1
- A Chinese Gospel Choir
- The Prayer that God likely will Ignore
- Different Kinds of Knowing
- Americans Must Choose
- Religion Saves No One
- Politically Correct is not Christian
- The Question We Should Ask Ourselves –
- Graphic Proof of a Failed Presidency 2009-2016
- Socialism: The New Father Image
- Where is the Body of Christ?
- The Healing Process
- Many Women no longer Attend Church
- God Defines Faith
- When Spirituality Substitutes for Reality
- Best Profile of Divorce’s Effect on Children
- Open Letter to Queen Elizabeth the 2nd about Heaven
- God’s Three Basic Rules
- What the Virus Pandemic Will Bring
- The Bible speaks on tattoos
- Why such Hatred of Women in Our Time
- Q and A Quora 2019
- Thank you
- When You Need to Start Over
- The Coronavirus Prayer
- The Doctor who Forbade me to Pray for His Patient
- The Faith of Christopher Hitchens by Larry Taunton
- Dealing with Shame God’s Way
- Seeing the World Through God’s Eyes
- Lazarus, the New Man, “Come forth.”
- Please stop trying to make church cool
- Living on the Interest – A Life Fulfilled
- The Link between Deception vs. Delusion both Political and Religious
- The Saddest Story I Ever Heard
- How could Jesus Die for Everyone
- The Mouth Cannot Say what the Heart Does Not Believe
- A New Look at Christian Marriage & Divorce
- Failure= Wrong Question + Wrong Answer
- Dreams and Interpretation – a Testimony
- Symbolism in The Wizard of Oz
- Immigration – We’ve Done it Wrong
- This German Reporter Spent Time With ISIS…And Lived To Tell About It
- What it Means “to Honor Your Father and Mother”
- Can You Handle Rejection?
- Widow’s Mite
- Coronavirus Lockdown Is A ‘Living Hell’ – personal essay
- The Difference between Law & Grace
- God’s Promises Have No Pull-By Date
- ‘All things work together for good’ – even the Coronavirus.
- There is No “Safe Place”
- When You Retreat in a War on Evil
- The Nature of Fear
- President Dwight Eisenhower speaks on political parties
- Why Men say They Don’t Understand Women
- Powerless Pastors- Guest Speaker
- Surefire Prayers for Politics
- How to Pray for Candidates
- The Un-Whitening of Christianity
- Willful Ignorance – God Stopped Winking
- Today is Election Day NC
- Bible Study Lesson 8
- Hate: Defining Element of Modern Politics
- All Leaders are Readers
- Movie Review “We are Marshall”
- The Bitter Root
- Elohim – The First Name of God
- ‘Til Christ be Formed in You
- When you Pray? and to Whom?
- DO NOT miss this film
- The Theological Difference between the Republican and Democrat Parties
- The Evil Heart of Unbelief
We all want our brain surgeon (or car mechanic) to do a perfect job but when he (or she) comes home to control, manipulate, dominate or hassle human beings, the trouble begins.
The Bible refers to this behavior as “witchcraft.” It is the attempt to manage a situation by calling on someone other than God to be in charge. The quotation is from I Samuel 15.
So Samuel said:
“Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
As in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
And to heed than the fat of rams.
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft,
And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry.
Stubbornness is as witchcraft. The Old Testament is full of references to seeking other gods for guidance, to idols for spells and witches’ brews as one finds even today in modern societies. You may not get involved with potions and spells and simply become the witch yourself! Control freaks are usually unpopular.
Perfectionism is wrongly believed to be an action; in fact, it is a reaction to a situation when someone loses control. No one begins life as a control freak but in the course of human life all men learn that they are not perfect and they can’t control many events and persons around them.
Lack of gratitude
It starts with dissatisfaction. Romans 1 begins the descent into depravity as not being grateful followed by dissatisfaction and complaining. Adults were surprised when the international women’s soccer champions were expected to rejoice in their victory and instead complained about being victims. They wanted more money. https://www.theepochtimes.com/c-sports They are not likely to get it. When you show disrespect for the fans who pay the bills you degrade yourself and your sport. And victims they are not.
The snake proposed ingratitude and blame
In the garden the snake intimated that God was not being fair with the First Pair, that they needed to seek more information. The snake said God was hiding the truth, and in fact God was, a truth about evil that He had hoped they could avoid. And when the fruit was consumed, their reaction tells it all. ONE denial, TWO blame.
Men’s reactions have not changed. Here is the passage to refresh your mind.
8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?” (Make no mistake. God absolutely knows where everyone is.”)
10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”
11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”
12 The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
13 Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”
Eve blamed the devil and Adam blamed both God and the woman. Yes, nothing has changed.
These days it may be dissatisfaction with relationships, with our own inability, or the constant harping of someone else. There are “men pleasers” who seek acceptance from other people over everything else; God is supposed to define who you are not other people. One reason is that other people will often get it wrong!
Comparing yourself to others is foolish
If we allow other people to mold our personality we spend a lifetime looking for favor outside of ourselves, but you’ll find these mentors are never satisfied either; they are insecure and your imperfections will only convince them more that you are wrong because you don’t make them feel right. Multiple marriages can result.
At fault is our comparing ourselves to other people. It happens anyway – “Why can’t you be a good student like your older sister?” Many a poor teacher has said that to a child. And children may believe they will be adopted out if they are not perfect. Or sent away. God is not in this, period!
God has a plan for your life
God has a plan for your life and he is not comparing you to anyone or anything beyond His very own plan. Wise is he who finds it.
If God called you to be a singer why are you trying so hard to be a tennis champion? Finding your call is important and keeps you from futile actions. Some of the most interesting biographies are of people who had to leave home and never see their families again because their parents wanted them in a job where they were not called or unsuitable. John Denver is just such as person. After he became famous he was able to rejoin his family that expected him to be a soldier.
Dissatisfaction with one’s life can lead to three actions:
1. Permanent depression and focus on regrets and failures of the past
2. Incremental changes in one’s own life rejecting the control of others and acceptance of ones self.
3. Ever-increasing attempts to control one’s environment and the people, things and events in it. These are the difficult people.
1. Every item in their possession or dwelling is in the exact same place and in perfect order. Sleeping with the Enemy is a movie about a man gone berserk to the point of psychosis.
2. Nothing that produces contradiction or disorder is permitted. You’re free to leave if you don’t like it.
3. God’s will and occasionally even simple truth is not allowed.
4. Self-will is on the throne of that person’s life.
5. Everyone and everything else is to blame. We’re back to the Garden now.
So to review the spiritual issues here. I BOLDED them all in the text above.
- hiding from God, behind the church or deeds
- avoidance or refusal to hear truth
- seek praise of others
- stubbornness, refusal to change
- over emphasis on things
- denial of a problem, of having sinned or disobeyed
- substituting good deeds for obedience
- occasionally obsession with cleanliness
Perfectionists are wonderful, competent people who do well and are valuable members of any community. But we don’t save ourselves, and ultimately perfectionists are seeking for their outside to change first and then make perfect their inside. When they burden others with their demands is when they become odious.
God has given us a savior, Yeshua aka Jesus, and He alone can do the job. It is a lesson for us all to learn.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The Difference between Prayer and Intercession
- The Meaning of "Elohim" - The Plural God
- Hair - An Important Symbol
- Unemployed Angels Hanging around the Holy Staffing Agency
- It's War - Spiritual War
- The Difference between the Church and the Kingdom
- The Importance of Shall vs. Will in Scripture
- Many Women no longer Attend Church
- The Difference between Fellowship & Relationship
- Who is the King of Hell?
Search by Category
- Applied Christianity
- Bible Studies
- History of Religion
- Let's Rethink
- Personal Relationships
- Political Issues
- Spiritual Roots
- Spiritual Warfare
- Symbolism & Dream Interpretation
- The Church v. The Kingdom
- The Difference Between
- True Story