- When Spirituality Substitutes for Reality
- Best Profile of Divorce’s Effect on Children
- Open Letter to Queen Elizabeth the 2nd about Heaven
- God’s Three Basic Rules
- Reading List for People Stuck Inside – Christian but not Denominational
- What the Virus Pandemic Will Bring
- The Bible speaks on tattoos
- Why such Hatred of Women in Our Time
- Q and A Quora 2019
- Thank you
- Rules for Success and Rules for Failure
- The Coronavirus Prayer
- The Doctor who Forbade me to Pray for His Patient
- The Faith of Christopher Hitchens by Larry Taunton
- Dealing with Shame God’s Way
- Seeing the World Through God’s Eyes
- Lazarus, the New Man, “Come forth.”
- Please stop trying to make church cool
- Living on the Interest – A Life Fulfilled
- The Link between Deception vs. Delusion both Political and Religious
- The Saddest Story I Ever Heard
- How could Jesus Die for Everyone
- The Mouth Cannot Say what the Heart Does Not Believe
- A New Look at Christian Marriage & Divorce
- Failure= Wrong Question + Wrong Answer
- Dreams and Interpretation – a Testimony
- Symbolism in The Wizard of Oz
- Immigration – We’ve Done it Wrong
- This German Reporter Spent Time With ISIS…And Lived To Tell About It
- What it Means “to Honor Your Father and Mother”
- Can You Handle Rejection?
- Widow’s Mite
- Coronavirus Lockdown Is A ‘Living Hell’ – personal essay
- The Difference between Law & Grace
- God’s Promises Have No Pull Date
- ‘All things work together for good’ – even the Coronavirus.
- There is No “Safe Place”
- When You Retreat in a War on Evil
- The Nature of Fear
- President Dwight Eisenhower speaks on political parties
- Why Men say They Don’t Understand Women
- Powerless Pastors- Guest Speaker
- Surefire Prayers for Politics
- How to Pray for Candidates
- The Un-Whitening of Christianity
- Willful Ignorance – God Stopped Winking
- Today is Election Day NC
- Bible Study Lesson 8
- Hate: Defining Element of Modern Politics
- All Leaders are Readers
- Movie Review “We are Marshall”
- The Bitter Root
- Elohim – The First Name of God
- ‘Til Christ be Formed in You
- When you Pray? and to Whom?
- DO NOT miss this film
- The Theological Difference between the Republican and Democrat Parties
- The Evil Heart of Unbelief
- Prophecy – Trump, Pelosi & the Future of Humanity
- Lies – The Chief Sin
- Bible Study Lesson 7
- Forgiveness is Job One
- Bible Study Lesson 6
- President Trump’s State of the Union Final Remarks
- Bible Study Lesson 5
- God’s Bucket List
- The Anarchist, the Day Yahshua Returns
- Bible Study Lesson 4
- Bible Study Lesson 3
- Bible Study Lesson 2
- Easy Rules for Daily Bible Study Lesson 1
- Prophecy about Europe, Israel, France, Germany in 2015 that is coming true.
- Worship Defined – Not What You Think
- Do you love them enough to tell them the truth?
- How to Pray for Iran & the Middle East
- Can You Interpret this Dream/Vision?
- It’s Easy to Lie about the Crusades
- ‘Intellectual Suicide’ He’s Waging a Battle Against Political Correctness — and Has a Warning for Churches That Sway Aimlessly With Cultural Whims
- 2,600 year old Contract on the Jews
- The Return of Jesus
- Symbolism – Woman in Revelation 12
- The Difference between Islam, Judaism & Christianity
- The Worst Sin of All is …
- Repentance means “Change Your Mind”
- A Word from the Bible about Alcohol
- Why Your Vote is a Religious Obligation
- Happy New Year
- Prophecy for 2020
- Facts about Israel, the Chosen People
- God’s View of Time – Kairos and Chronos
- Spirit of Error losing market share; Truth is up
- How to Interpret Scripture
- Jesus Came to Turn the World Upside Down
- The Globe at Night – Shows where God is Light
- The Valley of Decision 2020
- The Difference between Fellowship & Relationship
- What Impeachment Costs the Nation
- Symbolism of the Human Body
- God’s Plan for America 2020
- The Curse of Eli – the Bad Father
Answer: The same thing that brings everyone down – believing a lie. For leaders it is believing a lie about oneself. The Big Lie.
He believed the Aryan (white) race to be superior and based his war plan on that assumption. Seeing all-white England, he fully expected the Aryan message to eventually cause the Brits to bend to his superior will. He even entitled his book Mein Kampf, German for My Will, or my struggle or fight. Looking back you must wonder how an entire nation could subscribe to the fight of a single person, but they became caught up in someone else’s war and that brought the whole nation down.
Hitler was so convinced of Aryan superiority that when the Germans had a chance to defeat Britain they waffled, and the little boats were able to save the British troops crossing the English Channel at night at the Battle of Dunkirk. Hitler believed this enough to tell his military men to be cautious. Germany could have wiped out England very quickly otherwise. Hitler believed his own theories.
The American Civil War:
Cautious tolerance for slavery was recognized in the US Constitution from the early years of the colonies but tolerated is all it was. Most men realized that slavery had to go; they just didn’t know how to pull it off.
Jefferson altered the Declaration of Independence
Thomas Jefferson, who wrote the Declaration of Independence when he was 25, changed the original words “life, liberty, and property” to “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” because he feared that human beings, slaves, would be considered property in perpetuity and the Constitution was intended to be a document for the ages. He was right as it turned out.
States Rights was the Known Grievance
The war that ensued 100 years later brought the South to the table because they believed in “states rights.” The Constitution had been originally signed by all the states with that understanding – the states rule over federal law. The Constitution for the Confederate States included the provision that slaves would as usual be treated as a 3/4ths of a person. This violated some laws in other states. So the issue of the Civil War was not actually states rights but slavery. If the Southern states had given slaves the right to be a whole person, and free, the Civil War would not have any moral standing. So the flaw in the war ultimately was the issue of slavery.
While Yahweh does recognize states rights, He does not recognize “states wrongs.” It is a violation of divine law to consider any human being less than 100% human. Yahweh’s law always trumps man’s laws, in the end, even if we are not cognizant of it at the time.
The Emancipation Proclamation energized the North
The civil war ground on year after wretched year until in 1963 the Emancipation Proclamation document became law, and the slaves were freed. The war then suddenly gained some steam and was won a year and a few months later.
Yankees, that is the Northerners, were lukewarm about fighting the war over simple property laws, but when it became a matter of human life, they were more interested in winning. Also some much better Northern generals were given the leadership. The big lie the South believed was that their states rights were more important than human rights.
We have a new lie worldwide – that socialism is the best answer to our political problems. A thorough review of history will disabuse people of that notion, but history is not well taught these days.
Belief in socialism is the hidden iceberg that can take the ship of state down with it, as it has already done. The Titanic architects said it was indestructible. The mighty ship didn’t not complete one entire journey.
If you enjoy our articles here, please join the discussion by subscribing, and following us on Twitter @ImmaculateAssum and at Immaculate Assumptions on Facebook. Additional background material on the author and her writings can be found at AMAZON where you may purchase her e-book, Immaculate Assumptions: All You Heard about the Bible that Isn’t True.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Hair - An Important Symbol
- The Difference between Prayer and Intercession
- God's Plan for America 2020
- What Happens when You Deny God?
- 6 Hours on the Cross – The Crucifixion
- The Difference between Being Born Again & Being Saved
- The Importance of Shall vs. Will in Scripture
- What one Question God will ask You on Judgment Day
- Open Letter to Queen Elizabeth the 2nd about Heaven
- The Difference between a Sin and a Mistake
Search by Category
- Applied Christianity
- Bible Studies
- History of Religion
- Let's Rethink
- Personal Relationships
- Political Issues
- Spiritual Roots
- Spiritual Warfare
- Symbolism & Dream Interpretation
- The Church v. The Kingdom
- The Difference Between
- True Story