Home » Posts tagged 'Randall’s'
Tag Archives: Randall’s
- Thank you
- Rules for Success and Rules for Failure
- The Coronavirus Prayer
- The Doctor who Forbade me to Pray for His Patient
- The Faith of Christopher Hitchens by Larry Taunton
- Dealing with Shame God’s Way
- Seeing the World Through God’s Eyes
- Lazarus, the New Man, “Come forth.”
- Please stop trying to make church cool
- Living on the Interest – A Life Fulfilled
- The Link between Deception vs. Delusion both Political and Religious
- The Saddest Story I Ever Heard
- How could Jesus Die for Everyone
- The Mouth Cannot Say what the Heart Does Not Believe
- A New Look at Christian Marriage & Divorce
- Failure= Wrong Question + Wrong Answer
- Dreams and Interpretation – a Testimony
- Symbolism in The Wizard of Oz
- Immigration – We’ve Done it Wrong
- This German Reporter Spent Time With ISIS…And Lived To Tell About It
- What it Means “to Honor Your Father and Mother”
- Can You Handle Rejection?
- Widow’s Mite
- Coronavirus Lockdown Is A ‘Living Hell’ – personal essay
- The Difference between Law & Grace
- God’s Promises Have No Pull Date
- ‘All things work together for good’ – even the Coronavirus.
- There is No “Safe Place”
- When You Retreat in a War on Evil
- The Nature of Fear
- President Dwight Eisenhower speaks on political parties
- Why Men say They Don’t Understand Women
- Powerless Pastors- Guest Speaker
- Surefire Prayers for Politics
- How to Pray for Candidates
- The Un-Whitening of Christianity
- Willful Ignorance – God Stopped Winking
- Today is Election Day NC
- Bible Study Lesson 8
- Hate: Defining Element of Modern Politics
- All Leaders are Readers
- Movie Review “We are Marshall”
- The Bitter Root
- Elohim – The First Name of God
- ‘Til Christ be Formed in You
- When you Pray? and to Whom?
- DO NOT miss this film
- The Theological Difference between the Republican and Democrat Parties
- The Evil Heart of Unbelief
- Prophecy – Trump, Pelosi & the Future of Humanity
- Lies – The Chief Sin
- Bible Study Lesson 7
- Forgiveness is Job One
- Bible Study Lesson 6
- President Trump’s State of the Union Final Remarks
- Bible Study Lesson 5
- God’s Bucket List
- The Anarchist, the Day Yahshua Returns
- Bible Study Lesson 4
- Bible Study Lesson 3
- Bible Study Lesson 2
- Easy Rules for Daily Bible Study Lesson 1
- Prophecy about Europe, Israel, France, Germany in 2015 that is coming true.
- Worship Defined – Not What You Think
- Do you love them enough to tell them the truth?
- How to Pray for Iran & the Middle East
- Can You Interpret this Dream/Vision?
- It’s Easy to Lie about the Crusades
- ‘Intellectual Suicide’ He’s Waging a Battle Against Political Correctness — and Has a Warning for Churches That Sway Aimlessly With Cultural Whims
- 2,600 year old Contract on the Jews
- The Return of Jesus
- Symbolism – Woman in Revelation 12
- The Difference between Islam, Judaism & Christianity
- The Worst Sin of All is …
- Repentance means “Change Your Mind”
- A Word from the Bible about Alcohol
- Why Your Vote is a Religious Obligation
- Happy New Year
- Prophecy for 2020
- Facts about Israel, the Chosen People
- Spirit of Error losing market share; Truth is up
- How to Interpret Scripture
- Jesus Came to Turn the World Upside Down
- The Globe at Night – Shows where God is Light
- The Valley of Decision 2020
- The Difference between Fellowship & Relationship
- What Impeachment Costs the Nation
- Symbolism of the Human Body
- God’s Plan for America 2020
- The Curse of Eli – the Bad Father
- Get the Church out of the Foxholes
- How to Pray 2019
- Holy Spirit as Unifier
- When your faith conflicts with your employment
- The Chief Political Issue of our Time
- Antisemitism in Europe- Hey, Didn’t We Already Fight This War?
- Damnable and Non-Damnable Heresies
- Iran and a 3000 year old Prophecy
- What Missionaries Do – The Call of God
- How to read through the Bible in a Year without losing heart
The Communist rebels took over Russia in 1918, deposed a cruel and selfish Czar and then went on to amalgamate the Soviet Union of Eastern Bloc states with other communist nations at the ready to consume the USA . Had it not been for the Marshall Plan to rebuild Europe they might have subsumed that as well.
There were many Christians then as now praying for the release of these nations and their trapped peoples from the mandatory atheism and materialism which is the foundational doctrine of socialist-communist political systems. For 70 long years it appeared those prayers would not be answered. Then finally as the poverty and bankruptcy of communism demolished Russia from within they started on the path of westernization. But what kind of government would replace this system? Would they simply replace one failure with another?
God would answer that generation of prayers with one man, a hard drinking street fighter of a leader in Boris Yeltsin and the kind of government would occur as a result of a side trip to a grocery store.
It was September 16, 1989 and Yeltsin, then newly elected to the new Soviet parliament and the Supreme Soviet, had just visited Johnson Space Center (Houston, Texas). What followed was …. an unscheduled trip inside a nearby Randall’s grocery store.
Yeltsin, then 58, roamed the aisles of Randall’s nodding his head in amazement. He told his fellow Russians in his entourage that if their people, who often must wait in line for most goods, saw the conditions of U.S. supermarkets, “there would be a revolution.”
Shoppers and employees stopped him to shake his hand and say hello. Yeltsin asked customers about what they were buying and how much it cost, later asking the store manager if one needed a special education to manage a store. He marveled at the produce section, the fresh fish market, and the checkout counter. He looked especially excited about frozen pudding pops.
The fact that stores like these were on nearly every street corner in America amazed him. They even offered free cheese samples. Yeltsin didn’t leave empty-handed, as he was given a small bag of goodies to enjoy on his trip.
About a year after the Russian leader left office, a Yeltsin biographer later wrote that on the plane ride to Yeltsin’s next destination, Miami, he was despondent. He couldn’t stop thinking about the plentiful food at the grocery store and what his countrymen had to subsist on in Russia.
In Yeltsin’s own autobiography, he wrote about the experience at Randall’s, which shattered his view of communism. Two years later, he left the Communist Party and began making reforms to turn the economic tide in Russia.
“When I saw those shelves crammed with hundreds, thousands of cans, cartons and goods of every possible sort, for the first time I felt quite frankly sick with despair for the Soviet people,” Yeltsin wrote. “That such a potentially super-rich country as ours has been brought to a state of such poverty! It is terrible to think of it.”
So God took a plain man of the people to a grocery store and the future of the largest nation on earth was forever changed. Russia is by no means out of the woods today, but now Russians can worship again, buy consumer goods, and enough heat and food. They can wear jeans and play rock music, and hope for the future. Allowing Christianity is a major change because Christians bring life to a nation: “he who has the Son has life.”
God tells us, “Watch and pray and do not faint.” Just because we don’t see God working, is no reason to not pray. He uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. Expect it!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Hair - An Important Symbol
- The Difference between Prayer and Intercession
- The Difference between Being Born Again & Being Saved
- The Importance of Shall vs. Will in Scripture
- Symbolism of Women in Dream Interpretation - part 1
- Who is the King of Hell?
- The Doctor who Forbade me to Pray for His Patient
- What one Question God will ask You on Judgment Day
- Coronavirus Lockdown Is A 'Living Hell' - personal essay
- The Coronavirus Prayer
Search by Category
- Applied Christianity
- Bible Studies
- History of Religion
- Let's Rethink
- Personal Relationships
- Political Issues
- Spiritual Roots
- Spiritual Warfare
- Symbolism & Dream Interpretation
- The Church v. The Kingdom
- The Difference Between
- True Story