Home » Posts tagged 'Togo'
Tag Archives: Togo
- Witches vs. Trump & How to Dispatch Them
- The Worst Spiritual Problem facing Americans
- 5 Lies to Slowly Ruin Your Life
- Music you did not know was Christian
- Let’s Rethink Single Dating
- International Book Buyers
- Barnes & Noble Book Buyers
- Slo-Mo Hidden Suicide
- Tortured Logic and When to have Church
- January 1, 2019
- No, Mary Didn’t Know
- Who Commits the Unforgivable Sin?
- Why Death is a Blessing
- Slander Changes Your Identity
- God Knows All Languages
- What about the People who Never Hear about God
- Fuzzy Thinking – our enemy
- The Sick One is Lord of the Home
- When is “The Tribulation”?
- Different Kinds of Knowing
- How the Internet Confuses us about Space-Time
- The Facebook Dilemma is Theological
- What is the “Will of God”
- The Kingdom of Heaven (God) vs. Heaven
- Antisemitism Brings a Curse
- What Bible should I Buy
- What is the “Generation” that will not Pass Away?
- God has Called us to Peace in Marriage
- Fake News Drives Good News off the Stage i.e. Muslim Conversions
- It’s not Peter who Stands at Heaven’s Gate
- Symbolism of Women in Dream Interpretation – part 1
- Apologies – Hoping for Forgiveness
- God is Not a Tight Wad
- Have You Signed the Manhattan Declaration?
- Bad Arguments vs. Skeptics
- Fine Line between Faith and Politics
- Why the “Illegal-Problem” is Wrong on Many Levels
- God’s Three Basic Rules
- Being in a Big Hurry Leads to Sin – and Worse
- When God Withholds Information
- God’s Love is not like Human Love
- Social Justice as a Picture of Intolerance
- Emotion might lead you to salvation but not understanding.
- The Poached Egg – a site for all thinkers
- If we lived forever, maybe nothing would seem important. — Discover
- What the author forgets – temptation is not sin
- When the “flesh” rules, You know it can’t be God – SBC controversy
- What You Think Determines What You Are
- What Jesus Said about White Privilege (guest editorial)
- “And God Said It Was So”: Donald Trump Is the Spittin’ Image of Bad Theology by Carol P. Christ
- Patterns of Evidence (while I vacation)
- Study guide for critical thinking
- Ethicists Without Borders on the Crisis in Syria
- The Book of Mormon (stage show) and Demonic Attack
- God is Never Surprised
- Drowning in Ignorance
- Cures for Writer’s Block
- The Borders of the Mind
- Who is Not Going to Church
- Can You Bear New Revelation?
- Are there Animals in Heaven?
- The truth will set you free? not really . . .
- Apostate = the wrong way
- Why does Islam (the Muslims) think they are entitled to the land of Israel?
- Things You Should Never Say – and Why
- How do We Know what We Know
- The Gospel according to the “Nones”
- Ben Ghazi? Who is He?
- 2018 In the Valley of Decision
- Religion is Already Taught in Schools – by Default
- A Nation of Murderers& the Felony Murder Rule for Abortion Funders
- Ad Hominum Ad Nauseum
- To Move Forward, Leave the Past Behind
- Porgy and Bess and the American Prophecy
- Schadenfreude for conservatives – The Big Lie Theory
- What erasing history might just lead to…
- Self-publishing is booming…but not for authors
- Judgment Delayed
- Where is the Body of Christ?
- The Man who made a Cake Mix using both Eggs and Shells
- Friday the 13th in France
- The Tangled Underbrush of Life
- The Meaning of the Word “Perfect” – in the Bible
- God and the Black Cherries
- Why We Know Jesus Died on Thursday
- Discussion about Once Saved, Always Saved
- Welcome to our blog
- I Can Only Imagine – Movie Review
- When You are the Answer to Someone’s Prayer
- Why the World Did Not End in 2012 as Mayans Predicted
- Trying to Be Something You are Not
- European Stupidity Created America
- Lawlessness Affects the Church Too
- Government Health Care – the High Priest of Secular Religion
- Dream Interpretation & Biblical Symbolism – new book
- Complaints about Christianity Being Divisive
- “Call me to holiness or don’t call me at all”
- The Balkanization of American Politicians
- How People React in a Crisis – China’s 2008 Earthquake Remembered
- Counterfeit Truth & the Blood of Jesus
Follow Blog via Email
No doubt you assumed God had no opinion about things like this, but once again, if we look into the Bible carefully, we find a slew of dicta regarding national behavior and identity, and not just in the Old Testament.
First of these is the clear national individuality of nations. Globalization and world government were a major goal in the early years of the planet which resulted in mass confusion. This happened at the Tower of Babel where everyone at that time spoke the same language and joined to contest God for sovereignty of the world.
Genesis 11 The Message (MSG) “God Turned Their Language into ‘Babble’”
11 1-2 At one time, the whole Earth spoke the same language. It so happened that as they moved out of the east, they came upon a plain in the land of Shinar and settled down. 3 They said to one another, “Come, let’s make bricks and fire them well.” They used brick for stone and tar for mortar.
4 Then they said, “Come, let’s build ourselves a city and a tower that reaches Heaven. Let’s make ourselves famous so we won’t be scattered here and there across the Earth.” 5 God came down to look over the city and the tower those people had built.
6-9 God took one look and said, “One people, one language; why, this is only a first step. No telling what they’ll come up with next—they’ll stop at nothing! Come, we’ll go down and garble their speech so they won’t understand each other.” Then God scattered them from there all over the world. And they had to quit building the city. That’s how it came to be called Babel, because there God turned their language into “babble.” From there God scattered them all over the world.
Well, that was just the first of the disasters. God scrambled the languages and the people scattered all speaking something “foreign” and confusion lasted until today. That should remind us that President Obama’s and the Democratic Party’s emphasis on world government will no doubt fall into ruin. But it is pretty hard to tell anyone at the high levels of politics that they are headed the wrong way.
Acts 17:26 TLV From one He made every nation of men to live on the face of the earth, having set appointed times and the boundaries of their territory. (This is not a Godly endorsement of predatory imperialism.)
Britain has chosen to renew its independence from the European Union, a much better functioning Babylon, but still rife with ills, and hopefully Britain will regain some of the moral high ground it has lost.
So, God has a mission for every nation, and a territorial boundary for them too. Nations have a Godly identity. So far I’ve seen almost nothing written on this topic. Tiny Estonia is an interesting case. Under the boot of the Communist Soviet Union (union maybe but not unity, lacking personal or political freedom) the people started singing. Yes, singing. Slowly but surely groups became larger and larger singing the old, popular songs of the nation. When European communism collapsed in the 1980’s Estonia was unified and regained its ground without a shot.
Remember when Paul and Silas were in jail and they started singing? An earthquake caused the bars of the jail to collapse and they were freed. So this singing oneself to freedom is not some new thing for Estonia. (Acts 16)
Clearly, the USA has a specific call which she has met. Preachers often fume over why God has not blasted this nation off the map, but then we look at the stats. There are many internet sites showing American charitable giving, which should not be confused with national foreign aid some of which does not go to anything other than political figures or causes. But overall Americans are the most generous people on earth, and continue to be a military aid to some nations in trouble, depending on the President in charge. Nor do Americans take land or slaves after they have buried their dead soldiers in foreign soil. One of the most astonishing and unique events in world history is the Marshall Plan to put Germany back on its feet after World War 2.
God blasted many nations not only off the earth but off history entirely for abortion, which continues to be an international scourge. In Canada and the USA, abortion rates are 18 per 1,000 births; 26 per 1,000 for Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan; 28 per 1,000 Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Cyprus, Georgia, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syrian Arab Republic, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen; Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Saint Helena, Senegal, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, China, Hong Kong, Macao, Korea, Japan, Mongolia; 29 per 1,000 Belize, Costa Rico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama; 32 per 1,000 Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela; 36 per 1,000 Angola, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Sao Tome and Principe,Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam,Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bonaire, Saint Eustatius, Saba, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Puerto Rico, Saint-Barth, Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique; 43 per 1,000 Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic , Hungary, Poland, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Ukraine.
Biblical nations which served the god of child sacrifice Molech that are no more are the Hittites, Canaanites, Jebusites, and the list goes on. It is a warning to modern nations; you have no guarantee of permanence.
When I started, I’d not intended to focus on abortion but some interesting things have emerged. First, babies go to heaven. (Yes, it is a big place.) From these statistics, the ethnic background of the residents of heaven will largely be non-anglos. That will match the international statistics as well.
Second, we notice that formerly communist and communist block countries have larger abortion rates. This tells us that bad government has a definite impact on abortion rates, no doubt mirroring the poor income levels. Millennials so intent on bringing socialism to the USA should pay attention here. Socialism is communism without a gun to your head; the dictatorship comes later after they take your cash.
Third, abortion rates are a general barometer of poverty rates. People really do want to have children. We know that America is in a 8 year slump despite political protestations to the contrary because birth rates have gone down! Marriage rates and employment rates are way down too. God likes peace because with it we gain prosperity and a future. But there is no peace for the wicked. (Isaiah 48:2)
Finally there such a thing as goat nations. Matthew 25:31.
31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
Matthew 25:41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44 Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not [e]take care of You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Christians who avoid voting need to take this seriously. Our nation, all other nations, will be judged by the mercy shown to others. We need to see some sermons on this!