Home » Posts tagged 'world politics'
Tag Archives: world politics
- Jesus did not come here to do your will
- The Real Result of World War 2: Germany under siege
- “Replacement” Theology and the 2 Israels
- What the New Testament says about Women in Ministry ?
- Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
- Why Your Prayers May Not Be Answered
- Religion is Not Faith
- What it Means “to Honor Your Father and Mother”
- What I Wish I’d Known at 30
- How did communism become a religion?
- God’s Ace in the Hole
- New View of the Rapture and “Left Behind”
- Before You Buy that Thanksgiving Turkey
- The Five Worldviews
- WORDPRESS (or who knows) HAS TRASHED THIS SITE
- How to Understand the Bible
- When Jesus advised “Mind Your Own Business”
- God’s Harvest
- For Atheists
- The Difference between Being Born Again & Being Saved
- John Paul Jackson – Dream Interpretation and Symbolism
- Unemployed Angels Hanging around the Holy Staffing Agency
- God says “I’m behind your rotten weather.”
- God’s Enemies are Our Enemies
- Buddhist Prays to Whom?
- Three Options for the Day of the Lord
- What God calls Abomination?
- Cosmologists know Nothing abut Origins
- Political Actions as Theological Events
- How did Jesus Die for Everyman
- When Politicians (Mis)quote the Bible
- Good Decision Making
- The Dead Press vs. Living Information
- God’s Blessings for the First Born
- The Long Range Cure for Stress
- Confusing “Good” People and “Saved”
- Why Evangelism to Orientals fails (and how to succeed)
- The Old Testament is still In Effect
- Impeachment Exposes Corruption in High Places
- What is Truth
- Why am I Not Healed
- God’s Hands Moved this Hospital Clock –
- Will Solomon Kill the Methodist Baby?
- How will Jesus Return
- What We Try to Do Here
- The Multiverse of the Individual
- Obama’s Children’s Crusade – compare 1212 A.D.
- Dream and Symbol of the White House Breach
- Jesus has a Sense of Humor
- Depression and the Case for Mental Discipline
- Why Study History
- Why America is Exceptional
- Slaughter of Babies – A Sign of Momentous Change
- Beheading – A Symbol for the pan-Islamic Plan
- How to Explain Death to a Child
- Children Deserve the Truth
- God Speaks Through Events
- Let’s Start Rethinking about Political Campaigns
- Einstein, String Theory, Quantum Physics and God
- Daily Life in Heaven
- Media Censorship is Narcissism
- Daily Life in Hell
- Guest Teaching – the Death of Judas
- Why has Evangelism in the Pacific been so Slow?
- Eternal Security vs. Eternal Insecurity
- How we Know Jesus was Cremated
- Blood Sacrifice and the Symbolism of the Death of Seal Team 6 (revised)
- Why Pres. Trump is called “Cyrus”
- Van Gogh’s Painting of the By-Passed Church
- Why Denying the Faith is Not a Problem
- Stumbling on Doctrine
- Don’t say ISIL, say ISIS
- What They Don’t Tell You about Christian Persecution
- Meek is not Weak
- Dream Interpretation & Symbolism -water, diamonds, stars, wood
- The Subtle World of Christian Legalism
- Who are the Watchmen on the Walls?
- Cheap Grace, Sloppy Agape, Greasy Grace
- Divorce has a Spiritual Cause
- How the CEO was deceived by top management
- Albert Einstein
- Try Interpreting this Dream
- Gay Marriage, Judeo-Christian Marriage and Contract vs. Covenant Marriage
- The Meaning of “Elohim” – The Plural God
- What does it mean to repent?
- Paul’s “thorn” – not our suffering for Christ
- Secular Humanism is Crippling the Church
- What if the Rapture is way in the future?
- God is Sovereign – sort-of
- Symbolism – Colors and Their Meaning
- The Virgin Birth – It’s all about DNA
- How to Make People Laugh without Cursing
- How to Interpret the Bible- Hermeneutics
- Spiritual Roots of Obesity
- Spiritual Roots of Sickness
- The Spiritual Roots of Perfectionism
- The Spiritual Roots of Alcoholism
- Cultural Hegemony: Roots of Western Leftist Domination
- European Mismanagement Influenced America
- Difference between a Cult and Occult
Follow Blog via Email
In a day when people tippy toe around the truth as though it was social cyanide, “what would Jesus do” is radical and unacceptable. But that should surprise no one – Jesus was unacceptable and unaccepted. Still, He continues to be the standard for us and our age.
Jesus’ focus was on the Temple in this passage since that was His House and Father God planned the Temple for prayer not commerce.
John 2:12-17 After this incident, Jesus, accompanied by his mother, his brothers and his disciples, went down to Capernaum and stayed there a few days. The Jewish Passover was approaching and Jesus made the journey up to Jerusalem. In the Temple he discovered cattle and sheep dealers and pigeon-sellers, as well as money-changers sitting at their tables. So he made a rough whip out of rope and drove the whole lot of them, sheep and cattle as well, out of the Temple. He sent the coins of the money-changers flying and turned their tables upside down. Then he said to the pigeon-dealers, “Take those things out of here. Don’t you dare turn my Father’s house into a market!”
If He did this today he would be jailed at the very least for disturbing the peace if not assault and damage to property. Jesus never damaged people; He turned over the tables not the people managing them. Jesus saves humans but He does not necessarily save systems, or governments.
He only acted on principle; in this case the love of money as the root of all evil (1 Timothy 6:10) was the source of the problem. Modern rioters murder for their cause and feel justified. But the use of violence to promote a righteous claim never works; it only promotes more violence. Think of Black Lives Matter here.
Jesus takes on a host of leaders who contaminate the word of God with lies and deception. Matthew 23:16-30
16 “Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing. But if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is obligated.’ 17
Swearing was and still is a form of verification of one’s word. In court we swear on the Bible; some Christian denominations refuse to swear on anything because the Bible specifically opposes that. Your word should be sufficient. Of course for those who want to lie, nothing makes any difference anyway.
But swearing on anything makes no sense. In no way does it confirm or deny the what was stated. Furthermore the Lords of Swearing have made yet another rule for living. You can always tell when a government is failing by how many worthless and futile rules it has. (more…)